Saturday, November 15, 2008

My first 5k



In the last year or so I have developed a new interest...running. This might seem normal to some but not to me, I have always referred to myself as "NOT a runner". I'm still not quite sure that I fit in the runner category but ya gotta start somewhere. After putting it off for quite sometime, I finally gave in and committed to my first 5k race. A friend from church asked me if I would want to run one with her so I took the plunge. It was this morning and I have to say it is one of the hardest things I have done but I think it went quite well considering it was on the beach at high tide. I think I would like to do another one on solid ground...I'm sure that would be better. The picture of me is one that Evan took after I returned home today. The other picture of the kids and I is a 5k we were all in last week that was mostly a walk. I must say it is nice to be able to still start new things in my mid 30's. There is something about completing little goals along the way that makes it so rewarding. I am so thankful for my "Ohio running friend" whose encouragement pushed me to places I did not think I could go. Everyone needs someone like that in their life.

No comments: